Sometimes a burger is absolutely necessary. Sometimes you go to the honky-tonks in Nashville after seeing Iron Maiden and have a fantastic evening, but wake up the next day requiring a bloody mary, fried food and a chunk of beef. Burger Up was able to fantastically fill that void.
Burger Up has all the signs of a restaurant that is up on its trends: reclaimed wood, marble bar, communal tables, industrial glass pendant lamps.
The inside of the space had the right amount of daylight to shade to protect our bleary eyes, and the handmade tables and benches were just the right height to sit and relax.
I had a Ramsey Pimento Cheeseburger and onion rings and a beer and a bloody mary. The burger was a little overcooked and the bun was interestingly soft and squishy. I also like my cheese in direct contact with my meat, so I needed to do a little reconstruction. The onion rings were excellent, kind of like onion doughnuts.
(Photo: a beautiful mess)
The real star of our meal were the fried pickles. We had 3 orders and they were all devoured instantly. Something about drinking a lot and pickles and fried foods or something.
Burger up is located in a pretty cool area of South Nashville on 12th street. Nearby is a small growler shop, a handmade jeans boutique and what my friends described as the best drum and music store on the planet. Wouldn’t have been able to find any of that cool stuff without the help of the radical melisforlovers.
(Header Photo: Sean Davis)
11 Notes/ Hide
- lezapzap reblogged this from panparahotdog
- listoparaparty reblogged this from panparahotdog
- listoparaparty likes this
- panparahotdog reblogged this from kentuckyviaohio and added:
- chelebelleslair likes this
- thirteenmountains likes this
- thecountryfucker likes this
- alvarogil reblogged this from kentuckyviaohio
- kentuckyviaohio likes this
- kentuckyviaohio reblogged this from its-the-joint and added:
- eightytwenty reblogged this from its-the-joint
- its-the-joint posted this